This pizza dip is filled with flavor! It is a great new dip to try for a party or to share with family and friends. Below are some tips and recipe.
Before starting this recipe, you want to cook the chicken breast and shred it. I think having two chicken breast is sufficient for this recipe. You can also shred chicken from a store-bought rotisserie chicken. It might be easier and cheaper to use if you are on the go or have a lot of cooking to do that day!
After the chicken is shredded, chop pepperoni! I chopped a whole 6oz pack of Hormel’s original pepperoni slices and it was the perfect amount. They do sell diced pepperoni or mini slices at the store. These might be an option for those of you who are not wanting to do the extra chopping.
Mix the chopped pepperoni and chicken together in a bowl. After you will add the pasta sauce! I used Prego’s Roasted Garlic sauce. You can use pizza sauce, marinara, really any flavor you like. I am a big fan of Prego’s Garden Chunk and highly recommend that sauce as well.
Next, heat your medium sauce pan over the stove top and melt the cream cheese with the milk. Once that has melted, add the Monterrey Jack cheese and stir well so it melts and blends well with the cream cheese and milk.
Add the seasonings and maybe some more sauce if you think it needs it!
I love this recipe and it really is easy to make! And the best part is you don’t need to turn on the oven! Let me know how your pizza dip comes out below!
Stove-top Pizza Dip
An easy to make dip that taste just like pizza!
- 1 lb (2 chicken breast) shredded chicken
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken and pepperoni and mix together.
- Add in pasta sauce and combine well with the chicken and pepperoni.
- Next, place a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat on a stove-top.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Next add the milk and mix well.
- Mix in the pepperoni and chicken mixture with the warm cream cheese and milk. Combine the ingredients well.
- After stir in the Monterrey jack cheese into the mixture. Stir until melted and combined with the ingredients.
- Add in the Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Let mixture simmer at medium heat while stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes. Make sure all the cheese has melted thoroughly.
- Serve warm.
Enjoy with toasted French Bread or baked bread rounds!
Per Serving: 381 calories; 28.7 g fat; 5.6 g carbohydrates; 24.1 g protein; 102 mg cholesterol; 1088 mg sodium.