If you need another meal prep idea, try these panckaes! They are healthy and so delicious! They require minimal ingredients and will satisfy your pancake crave in the morning. Below are some quick tips and the recipe!
This recipe is pretty simple to make. To start, combine all you dry ingredients in a large bowl. This includes the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. After all the dry ingredients have been mixed, add the milk, honey and vanilla extract.
I used unsweetened almond milk for this recipe. You can use sweetened almond milk if you prefer. You can also substitute the honey for maple syrup. I liked the honey and vanilla extract combination better than with maple syrup. You can also add cinnamon if you’d like.
After all the ingredients are combined, heat a large skillet or a pancake griddle to medium-low heat. You will want to spray your griddle or skillet with non-stick grease or oil to prevent sticking. You can use whichever non-stick you prefer.
I used a one-fourth measuring cup to measure out batter for each pancake. I ended up making about 14 small pancakes that were thick and fluffy. If you want a larger pancake I suggest maybe using a one-third cup to measure out the pancake.
The pancake batter will be thick and pasty. This is because of the wheat flour and its tendency to soak up moisture. It will not be runny like regular store bought pancake batter. It might be difficult to get a round pancake so you might need to get creative with how you manage pouring the batter to a hot skillet or griddle. Also, as the cooking surface gets warmer, the pancakes will cook faster which will make the batter more difficult to spread.
I suggest using a griddle if you have one so you can cook more pancakes at the same time. I used a skillet and it worked fine. I suggest turning the heat down to low if the pan gets to hot. I also think cleaning the skillet in between pancakes with a paper towel is helpful so it does not blacken faster.
Once all your pancakes are cooked, serve with chocolate chips (as I did)! Or you can serve with fruit or plain! They are delicious regardless.
Let me know how your fluffy pancakes turn out!
Easy Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes
A healthy but delicious fluffy breakfast you will love.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well
- Add in almond milk, honey, and vanilla. Mix well with dry ingredients. The mixture should be thick and pasty.
- Heat a skillet or pancake griddle on low-medium heat.
- Spray the skillet with non-stick grease or oil.
- Take 1/4 cup of the batter and pour the mixture into the heated skillet to begin cooking pancakes. You can try to spread out the batter, but the pancakes will be thick.
- Cook pancakes for 3-4 minutes on each side. If the pancakes begin to burn or blacken lower heat.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all the mixture has been cooked.
Serve with chocolate chips, fruit, maple syrup or honey! Enjoy!