These brownies are easy to make and will make you feel a little less guilty when you have one. They are chunky, fudgy and full of flavor. Below are some tips and the recipe.
For this recipe, you will need a large mixing spoon to combine ingredients, mixing bowls, and a 8 x 8 inch square pan. You will also need a strainer to sift the almond flour and a masher to mash bananas.
The two key ingredients in these brownies are almond flour and banana. When I added the almond extract, it took the flavor away from the banana and they ended up really really tasting like almond chocolate brownies. To start you will mash up the ripe bananas and add them to a large mixing bowl. Then add the eggs and mix them in with the bananas. After, add in the almond extract.
For this recipe, I originally added one teaspoon of almond extract and I didn’t realize how strong it was. It was very artificial in flavor so I corrected this recipe below to add half of a teaspoon instead. If you are not a fan of almond, feel free to substitute with vanilla extract.
At the beginning, I didn’t want to use sugar . My intention was for the banana to sweeten the brownies with their flavor. However, after mixing in the flour and cocoa powder, I knew it needed sugar. Maybe it is my irresistible sweet tooth. So I decide to add one cup of sugar and this did the trick. You can also use monk fruit sweetener as a sugar substitute.
After your sugar and wet ingredients have been combined, add in the sifted almond flour and cocoa powder mixture. Use a mixing spoon to combine ingredients. Pour the batter into a 8 x 8 inch square pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
Let me know how your brownies turn out below!
Almond Flour Brownies
A healthier option to your favorite dessert so you won't feel guilty when you have a brownie!
- 2 cups almond flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp almond extract OR vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated white sugar OR monk fruit sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, sift almond flour and cocoa powder together.
- Add salt to dry ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In large bowl, mash ripe bananas.
- Add the eggs to bananas and combine the ingredients well.
- Add almond extract and mix in with eggs and bananas.
- Add sugar and mix well with all the wet ingredients.
- Next you will add the almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix in with mixing spoon by folding the ingredients until well combined.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch square pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour brownie batter into pan and back in oven for 23-25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Let cool before cutting brownies
Enjoy this fudgy treat!