These low-carb egg cups are super simple and delicious. It is a great meal prep recipe for when you need breakfast on the go during the week. Deli turkey, spinach, egg, cheese, and spices never tasted so good together. Below are some tips and the recipe.
For this recipe you will need a whisk and a large bowl to combine the eggs and spices. To measure ingredients, you will use a liquid measuring cup and a spoon measuring set. A 12 cup-nonstick cupcake tin is also needed to divide and bake your egg cups.
Before starting this recipe, chop about 7-8 slices or 6 oz of deli turkey meat. I used Hormel’s Natural Choice Oven Roasted Deli Turkey. You can use your preferred brand or ham if you are not a fan of turkey. After, chop fresh spinach for this recipe. You should have about one cup of spinach after its been chopped.
Next, scramble the eggs in a large bowl. I used large eggs for this recipe. Make sure all the yolks have been scrambled well and none were missed. Then add in the almond milk and mix well. After, add in salt, pepper, and spices.
When your egg mixture is ready, add half of the chopped spinach into the eggs. The spinach will float to the top. Spray your cupcake tin with non-stick spray and pour the egg mixture into each tin. You can also use silicone cupcake cups so the egg doesn’t stick to the tin. Fill each tin with egg mixture to about half of the way since the eggs will rise when baking. They mixture will also rise when you add the rest of the ingredients.
After you will add in the ham, mozzarella cheese, and the rest of the chopped spinach to each cup. Try to divide the ingredients evenly among the cups. I used pre-grated mozzarella cheese you can also grate your own cheese if preferred.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Let the ups cool before serving or storing in a refrigerator for later consumption.
This recipe also works well as a casserole if you prefer not to have individual egg cups.
Try this healthy delight and let me now how it turns out below!
Deli Turkey Breakfast Egg Cups
A healthy, low-carb breakfast to-go treat!
- 1 cup chopped deli turkey meat
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, scramble large eggs together with whisk.
- Add almond milk, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well with eggs.
- Add 1/2 of the cup of chopped spinach in the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Grease a 12 cup-non-stick cupcake tin or line with silicone baking cups.
- Pour egg mixture about 1/2 of the way full for each cup. Try to divide the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Evenly divide chopped turkey, cheese and the rest of the spinach among the 12 cups by placing the ingredients in the egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until baked thoroughly.
- Let them cool before serving or refrigeration.
Now you have breakfast for the week! Enjoy these healthy egg cups!