Making this healthy breakfast scramble is really easy and delicious for you family to try. It doesn’t take much ingredients. Below are some brief tips and the recipe.
Before you start dicing the sweet potato, add some olive oil to a skillet to heat on low-medium temperature. Dice your sweet potato. I used one large potato and it was sufficient. You can use two sweet potatoes if you need to. Once the potatoes are diced, add them to the heated oil with some salt and pepper.
Make sure you have a skillet with a lid because it will help the potato cook thoroughly. You want to constantly turn the potatoes in the skillet as they are cooking so they don’t over cook or char on one side. When you are not turning them, keep the lid on while you have the potatoes on low-medium heat. If you feel the heat is too high, turn it lower. The potatoes should cook within 10-12 minutes of being on the skillet.
Before your potatoes finish cooking, add the diced ham. Allow the ham to cook for 1-2 minutes with the potato. Keep the skillet on low while you start the eggs.
In a small bowl, scramble 4 raw eggs with a 1 teaspoon of water, pinch of salt, and pepper. The water helps keep the eggs soft and fluffier. Cook the eggs on low heat while constantly turning them so they scramble well. When eggs are done, add them to the sweet potatoes and ham.
Add Parmesan cheese to the skillet. You can place it in the oven to heat for 15 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
I love this breakfast recipe because it is healthy and filling! Let me know how your sweet potato scramble comes out below!
Sweet Potato Scramble
A healthy and delicious quick breakfast for your next morning!
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped deli ham
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet add olive oil. Let oil heat on low-medium temperature on the stove top for 2 minutes.
- Next, add diced potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook potatoes for about 12 minutes. Make sure to stir them every 3 minutes and cover them with a lid when they are not being stirred.
- When the potatoes are almost ready, add chopped ham. Cook for 2 minutes and set aside.
- In a small bowl, scramble eggs, water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook eggs in medium pan in low heat until done.
- When ready add them to the potato and ham mixture. Mix well.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Serve for breakfast!