I was feeling a bit experimental the other day and decided to make chocolate muffins flavored with strawberries. Below are some tips and the recipe.
The first thing you want to do is crush or puree your strawberries. I used frozen for this recipe and they worked fine. If you do use frozen strawberries, make sure they are thawed and drained from excess water. You can puree your strawberries by hand or with a food processor.
When I made the batter, I had a good consistency between chocolate and strawberry taste. It really did taste like a chocolate covered strawberry. However, when the muffins were cooked the strawberry had a faint taste. Possibly adding less cocoa powder might help with this situation. I corrected the ingredients below but if you have any suggestions let me know.
Overall this recipe is easy to make and pretty straight forward. Just trust your gut and have fun!
Strawberry Chocolate Muffins
Think of this as a muffin spin on chocolate covered strawberries!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup strawberry puree
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add strawberry puree, eggs, butter and mix well.
- Add in sugar to strawberry mixture and combine well.
- Take the strawberry mixture and add it to the flour mixture.
- Using a spatula, mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Take a muffin pan and coat with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter as evenly as you can. (I usually use a 1/4 measuring cup to start with).
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
Let the muffins cool before serving and enjoy!