Here is a casserole recipe perfect for a huge crowd or a big family. Below are some tips and the recipe.
I used elbow pasta and it worked out really well. Pasta noodles similar to elbow pasta would be good for this recipe. The noddles that may not work out are spaghetti, fettuccine, tortellini, ravioli, or anything similar to those. Basically if you can layer your noodle for a casserole, you are fine.
After making the noodle, I decided to add some chopped spinach to the mix. I only did this to add a veggie. You can add zucchini squash, or mushrooms, onions, basically anything you put on a pizza. It’s very easy to sneak veggies into this recipe if you need to get your little ones to eat them.
I made this casserole with shredded chicken, but you can actually use ground beef if you’d like. Just cook the meat accordingly and layer as you would the chicken.
I know people are wondering “why am I layering this pasta when I can mix it all together.” The layers help give an even consistency of cheese and pepperoni for every bite. Mixing it all together might make the dish unevenly portioned.
I used mozzarella cheese for this recipe. Adding Parmesan would also be a plus if you have any to spare. My favorite pasta sauce to use is the Prego brand’s roasted garlic. It has a good flavor and adds a lot to this dish.
Overall this recipe is easy to make and is convenient when you need to feed your family for dinner. It also works well if you need to have a meal for the whole week. It’s inexpensive and taste just like a pizza!
Let me know how your pizza casserole turns out!
Pizza with Basil, Tomatoes and Cheese
A new spin on pizza that is easy to make for the whole family.
- 16 oz elbow pasta
- 3 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 16 oz elbow pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 24 oz jars pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- pack of pepperoni
- 2 cups chopped spinach or veggie (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Boil pasta until cooked.
- Drain pasta when cooked and add to medium sized bowl.
- Add olive oil to pasta to keep noodles from sticking to each other.
- After, add spinach or vegetable to pasta. Mix well.
- Add one jar of sauce to pasta mix and combine ingredients well.
- Take a 8×13 deep dish pan and add a layer of pasta mix. Pasta should cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add a layer of shredded chicken to the top, followed by a layer of pepperoni.
- Top layer with pasta sauce and one cup of cheese.
- Make another layer with pasta mix, chicken, pepperoni, sauce, and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Top with Parmesan cheese and serve! Enjoy!