Happy Sunday! This weekend my boyfriend and I decided to experiment and we made our very first breakfast pizza! Below are some tips and the recipe for you to try!
Before making the pizza, make you gravy, eggs, and bacon. Try not to over cook the bacon and eggs since they are going in the oven. Feel free to cook the bacon and eggs as you like.
For this recipe we made our own gravy as the sauce. We decided to use grease from the bacon to make the gravy and it actually came out really good. If you don’t want to use bacon grease, feel free to use butter instead. Overall, the homemade gravy was delicious and not too heavy for the crust.
We experimented with the crust and made our own. It still needs some tweaking. I think using a store bought pizza crust or your own will be just fine for this recipe. We made a 14 inch pizza which is what the recipe below yields for.
That’s pretty much all I have for tips. If you have a question feel free to ask in the comments below.
Bacon Egg Breakfast Pizza
All American Breakfast Pizza!
Homemade Gravy Ingredients
- 1/2 cup bacon grease (or unsalted butter)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup four
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups homemade gravy
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pizza crust, 14 inch
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a medium sauce pan, cook bacon.
- When ready chop into pieces and set aside.
- Next make your gravy. Add bacon grease and milk to a sauce pan. Bring to a high heat and mix well.
- Add in flour and whisk until gravy begins to thicken and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Next, make your eggs scrambled. Add eggs and milk into medium bowl.
- Stir until eggs are scrambled.
- Pour egg mixture into low-medium heat.
- Cook thoroughly and set aside.
- Prepare your pizza crust according to the directions. Take a 16 inch pizza pan and begin spreading out the crust.
- When the crust has been laid out, begin adding the gravy.
- Spread evenly over the raw crust.
- Add eggs and bacon evenly.
- Top pizza with shredded cheeses.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until crust is cooked thoroughly.
Enjoy your breakfast pizza!